The Absolutely Fabulous movie is officially happening with filming beginning in London on October 12. Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley will return in their iconic roles as Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone, along with the rest of their original cast. Fox Searchlight is currently in talks to co-produce and co-finance the Ab Fab movie with the BBC, as well as handle worldwide distribution.
While the plot of the movie is still a big secret, Patsy and Edina have left us with a number of great stories, great moments and, more importantly, great life lessons over the past 25 years. So take out your notepads and sharpen those number 2s because we’re going to class.
Here are 15 important lessons in living an Absolutely Fabulous life.
1. In the inevitable zombie apocalypse, no one is going to say, “Gee, I wish I didn’t steal all this fucking liquor.”
2. Fashion is life and life is expensive.
3. Cool is as cool does so don’t be all, like…uncool.
4. “Early to bed, early to rise” and all that is for suckers and poor people.
5. Any day that you wake up in a bed, wearing someone’s underwear and with the majority of your own organs is a good day.
6. The human body can subsist on nothing but champagne, vodka, cocaine and vanity for at least 40 years.
7. A good Girl Scout is rarely sober, but always prepared.
8. A read’s not a read when it’s just a fact.
9. Drink responsibly. Unless, you know, you really don’t feel like it.
10. Also, don’t drink and drive — get drunk and be driven.
11. When times get tough, keep your nose to the grindstone. And snort away.
12. If you can’t complain to your best friend…you should probably shut the hell up.
13. Don’t always believe everything you’re told.
14. Think positive…
And rely on your friends to support you.
15. Love isn’t love unless it hurts and/or leaves you in a coma.
Les Fabian Brathwaite — doing thin things.